What managers, team leaders, coordinators gain from this course
- An appreciation as to what motivates volunteers.
- An awareness of your role as a manager of volunteers.
- Details of the key legislation you need to work within.
- An understanding of good-practice paperwork and systems.
- Knowledge of how to recruit, select, orientate and train volunteers.
- An introduction to team dynamics and performance management.
- Access to the knowledge of a practiced manager of volunteers, and the experiences and wisdom of your fellow course members.
Tutored by leading UK volunteer management trainers and consultants
- Each course is 6 weeks of part-time learning (2 - 3 hours per week on average), self-paced and tightly focused, which suits busy people.
- You can take part from home or your workplace, at any time of the day.
- You are supplied with an especially written 180+ page reference book, you'll have interesting activities to complete each week to help your understanding, plus you get to see what your tutor and other course members think about management approaches and solutions.
- This is a great chance to get involved with others in your sector.
What previous course members said about the course
It was an amazing course, I have really appreciated the vast amount of valuable information. It has been a huge timesaver, as I had been faced with the task of filtering through all the info available on the web. But this has provided a firm foundation, and pointed me in all the right directions."
"My questions have all been answered."
"I did enjoy the course, and whilst a lot of the information was not new to me, it was great to look at again."
"Thank you for a concise and very useful course."
"The course was fantastic. Thanks so much.
"I would just like to thank you for your support. I really enjoyed doing this course and, as a new volunteer manager, I learnt a lot. I intend progressing further with on-going professional development in the very near future".